Service Desk Analyst
If you are a support analyst looking for a new challenge, look no further. We have an exciting
opportunity to become part of our family – a rapidly growing IT company with a difference!
You’ll bring expertise & a unique skillset to our talented team of IT specialists and help shape the future of IT for our diverse portfolio of clients (whilst
having fun doing it!)
Panoptics is an innovative IT consultancy focussed on simplifying complexity which was founded with a defining principle to deliver IT services and solutions with a difference. Founded in 2012 Panoptics is proud of the fact that it has never lost a bid for a customer nor lost a customer that has joined us. The difference we make is real and not a cliché. To find out exactly what this is you’ll have to apply and be successful in securing an interview!
Our comprehensive service offering covers everything from Managed Services to Datacentres & Connectivity, which we proudly provide to our growing portfolio of clients, ranging from SME’s to internationally recognised brands.
As a company we are committed to building a better IT future for our clients and the market in general, which is matched by our commitment to the people who make it a reality, our staff.
We are growing quickly and have exciting opportunities for talented IT professionals to further their career and join us on our amazing journey.
Working @ Panoptics
We’re passionate about delivering IT solutions with a fresh approach, so if you’re looking for the structure of a stuffy corporate environment, then we are probably not for you. If you are looking for something a little different, somewhere your expertise can flourish and be rewarded, somewhere you can make an impact and where people genuinely care then Panoptics is the perfect place for you.
We value the hard work and achievements of our employees and recognise this by offering a competitive benefits package as a big ‘thank you’ from us. Additionally, we promote a relaxed, fun work life to ensure all of us enjoy what we do on a daily basis. As the company flourishes the Directors are committed to reinvesting in the staff by improving the benefits the company offers.
Since our incorporation we have strived to do things differently. With this determination, we have achieved double digit growth each year, and have loved every second of building a business that not only cares about the customers we support but the team who supports them. The only way to achieve this is with a culture that cares, so we committed to our employee’s development, working together to achieve an individual’s career goals, and continually striving to achieve more together.
We provide a lively, sociable and relaxed work environment where we encourage creativity, flexibility and always make time to have fun together as a team. Our informal office offers all the perks of a high growth tech company that promotes a sociable work life, including breakout areas, beer fridges and an incredible roof terrace for parties and fun times.
We strongly believe it is the people of Panoptics that make our company different. We invest in you, developing your expertise and technical skills for the present whilst ensuring you have a fulfilling, long-term career. We also proactively expose all of our staff to the broad range of solutions we offer, so every team member can enhance their skillset and get involved with emerging new technology.
We have recently started a program focusing on Wellbeing and Lunch and Learn covering topics such as managing and achieving high performance as well as healthy diet and Pilates classes. We really do want to help you achieve your full potential.
It may be a cliché, but we really are like one big family. We are a cohesive, highly skilled team who really enjoy working and achieving the things we do together, with a healthy level of competitiveness!
Furthermore, our directors are hands on and experts in their own right, leading from the front. They are always available to provide the support and nurturing necessary to help you develop into a fundamental member of our world class IT team.
We are not your average IT service provider. We don’t just flog ‘Managed Service’ contracts and we never treat any team member as just a “number”. As a company we’re on a journey that will take us to exciting new places and every team member will have the opportunity to grow with the business.
The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for the majority of our customers and therefore customer service skills in addition to technical ability are critical to the success of the role.
All Panoptics Staff, regardless of job function, are expected to develop and maintain long lasting and fruitful working relationships with both internal colleagues and customers alike. The ability to interact effectively at all levels from junior to executive is paramount.
The following customer service skills are a mandatory requirement for the position of Service Desk Analyst:
- Professional and courteous telephone manner;
- When onsite be professional and polite;
- Ownership of a support call from first contact to resolution;
- Service desk call logging and reporting;
- Diligent approach to call management;
- Be as comprehensive in communication as possible.
The Panoptics support model is based on the ITIL framework and as such all staff should have an understanding ITIL Foundation as a minimum.
Due to the varied nature of the technologies deployed both internally and at customers sites, it is impossible to accurately document a complete list of technologies that the role of Service Desk Analyst will be exposed to.
Experience and proficiency in the majority of the following technologies are however a requirement for this role:
Active Directory Administration
- Group policy troubleshooting
- Security group administration and troubleshooting
- User creation, modification and deletion in accordance with joiner / leaver processes
- Basic DNS troubleshooting
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013 mailbox administration including but not limited to moves, changes, creation, removal
- Spam filtering administration with particular emphasis on the Mimecast Cloud platform
- End user client management (Outlook, OWA, Mobile devices)
- Ability to troubleshoot fundamental network components such as physical cabling, patch management, DHCP, DNS and end user configuration.
- Installation of networking equipment at end user sites and data centres
- Basic administration of Windows Servers both physical and virtual inclusive of Server 2003/2008/2012
- Monitoring of alerts emanating from Solarwinds / Zabbix. Interpretation, management, diagnosis and where appropriate escalation
End User Devices
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows client operating system family with particular focus on Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Intermediate knowledge of Mac OS X and associated releases
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office suites including intermediate knowledge of Office 365
- Printing diagnostics and fault resolution
- Physical device installation such as work stations, monitors, laptops
- Operating system deployment using technologies such as WDS, SCCM
- Familiar with application roll outs, updates, patching
- Antivirus software including, but not limited to, Sophos, McAfee, AVG
- Remote support software including but not limited to VNC, LogMeIn, GoToAssist
The IT industry along with technology is constantly evolving and as a result, ongoing training and mentoring forms a key part of the role as Service Desk Analyst.
Training can and will be provided in many forms such as “on the job” and formal class based learning.
The role will be predominantly based in Putney but Panoptics work with a number of large international customers and as such, travel to both national and international customer sites may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Competitive (dependant on experience). Please enquire for further details
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
No agencies please, we are very selective about who we work with!
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Panoptics operates Preferred Supplier arrangements for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment across all functions. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any of our Panoptics colleagues and that no CVs are submitted to staff across the Business. Any unsolicited CVs and/or communications will reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency. Any CVs will be sent at your own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we will reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your company’s Terms and Conditions of Contract.